Grapefruit seed extract comes from the seeds of the citrus grapefruit.
What it does
- Grapefruit seed extract can be used as a natural disinfectant both internally and externally.
- It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties and is recommended for use where water may be contaminated.
- It can help restore digestive health after gut infections or parasites.
- Can be used as an anti-septic mouthwash.
- Applied diluted to the skin it can help fungal skin and nail infections. It can also be added to shampoo as an anti-dandruff agent.
Do not use on broken skin.
Do not use in pregnancy or when breastfeeding.
At the time of writing there were no well known negative drug interactions with Grapefruit seed extract.
Generally, there are no side effects or contra-indications from using Grapefruit seed extract.