Omega-3 is a classification of certain kinds of fatty acids that result from the breakdown of dietary fats in the body. They are used to form membranes surrounding each of our trillions of cells.
Fish get omega-3 oils from the plankton they eat. The names of these omega-3 oils are EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
DHA is most concentrated in the brain and retina. Both are included in this formulation-EPA 180mg and DHA 120mg, with natural d-alpha tocopherol acetate (vitamin E) to help preserve freshness.
Nature’s Sunshine’s Omega 3 EPA contains both EPA 180mg and DHA 120mg, which improves the effectiveness of the product. The formula also contains natural d alpha tocopherol acetate (vitamin E) to help preserve freshness.
One capsule of Omega 3 EPA provides:
- Fish Oil Concentrate 1000mg
Fatty Acid Profile:
- EPA eicosapentaenoic acid 18%
- DHA docosahexaenoic acid 20%
Sources for these fish oils are the flesh of cold water fish such as salmon and mackerel.
- Does not contain fish liver oils.
Omega-3’s are known as Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) because they are required for good health. Omega-3 fatty acids are a form of polyunsaturated fat that our bodies require in order to maintain health.
- Years of clinical studies confirm that a diet rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids is essential for a healthy immune system and cardiovascular system.
- Because your body is unable to produce EFA’s, your Essential Fatty Acid requirements must be met through your diet or through supplementation.
- These important nutrients can be found in flax seeds, marine fish and green leafy vegetables, but many people do not consume enough of these foods to meet the body’s needs.
- EFA’s are currently one of the most researched health products and science has demonstrated their wide ranging health benefits.
Omega-3 fatty acids are important components of nerve cell membranes.
- They help nerve cells communicate with each other, which is an essential step in maintaining good mental health.
- Researchers have found that without a sufficient supply of these fatty acids, the body will use saturated fat to construct cell membranes. The result is older looking, less elastic skin that takes longer to heal and tends to show wrinkles more quickly.
Nature’s Sunshine’s Quality Assurance team extensively test all raw materials that go into making its supplements, so you can be sure you’re getting the purest source of Omega-3 available.
- Nature’s Sunshine will not compromise on the quality of products, which is why Nature’s Sunshine’s Omega 3 EPA supplement is high in essential fatty acids and guaranteed to be pure.